Year in focus 2014
- April 27th "The Sixth Annual Earth Day Lecture. The keynote speaker was Professor Varadaraja. V. Raman, (Professor Emeritus of Physics and Humanities at the Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY) who spoke on "Indic Vision in the Age of Science".
- May : HOLI members participated in the Baldwin High School Hinduism Table presentation as part of the school's Social Studies curriculum
Year in focus 2013
- April 28th: Fifth Annual Holi / Earth Day / Swami Vivekananda 150th birthday celebrations.The keynote speaker was Dr Nirmal Mattoo who spoke on "The Influence of Hindu Thought on Western Life"
- April: HOLI SEVA Donated clothes for "Dressed for Success" program to the Nassau County Department of Social Services.
- May 2nd: HOLI members participated in the Baldwin High School Hinduism Table presentation as part of the school's Social Studies curriculum
- June 7th & 8th : Swami Viditatmananda Saraswati of AVG,presented a series of lectures on "Healthy Attitudes & Values"at the Senior Center at the Hindu Temple in Queens
- June 10th: Swami Viditatmananda spoke on "Stress Reduction in Daily Life & Meditation" at the United Unitarian Congregation
- November: HOLI SEVA donated clothes/food for "Adopt a family" sponsored by the NCSS department.
- November-Dec: HOLI member taught a 6 part series on the "Life and teachings of Swami Vivekananda" to the Senior Vedic class at the Young India Culture Group(YICG).
Year in focus 2012
- April 2nd : "Introduction to Hinduism" to High School students at a Lutheran Church in Dix Hills
- April : HOLI SEVA (the service branch of HOLI) , "Adopts a Platoon" for 2012
- April 13th: HOLI SEVA Donates clothes for "Dressed for Success" program to the Nassau County Department of Social Services (also in Nov)
- April 29th : Fourth Annual HOLI /Earth Day at Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Shelter Rock Road, Manhasset, featuring two keynote speakers- Dr Uma Mysorekar and Mr Rajiv Kaul ,who speak on "The Role of a Hindu in contemporary American society" and"The contribution of Kashmir to the Indic spiritual journey".
- June 10th : Swami Viditatmananda Saraswati of AVG,presented a workshop on "Meditation" at the Sai Mandir in Baldwin, NY.
- Aug : "Breaking Barriers" - Participated in a panel discussion sponsored by the Hindu Temple in Flushing, on perspectives in health and wellbeing amongst young Hindu Americans".
- Aug/Nov : HOLI SEVA-Collected and donated clothes to the Aarti foundation.
- Dec : "Adopt a family"-Collected donations of cash to purchase non-perishable food items for Nassau County Volunteer Services who in turn use the food to feed needy families of Nassau County.
- Dec 7th : World Peace Conference-Members participated in an interactive session with High School students "The contribution of Hinduism to world peace" at Carle Place High School.
Year in focus 2011
- January-March: Six weeks Vedic Chanting classes by Gambhiraji
- April 4th: Long Island Multi-Faith Forum Festival, Baldwin Senior High School, Baldwin, NY 11510 Hinduism Table Presentation
- May 15th: Earth Day at Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Shelter Rock Road, Manhasset.
Keynote speakers: Ed Mangano, Chief Executive Officer, Nassau County on Diversity in Nassau County", & Dr. Pankaj Jain, Asst Professor. Dept of Anthropology, University of North Texas on "Dharma and Ecology - A Hindu Perspective"
- Sept 9 - Sept 11: Hindu Spiritual Care Coordinator Study,The Arsha Vidya Gurukulam Certificate Program at Arsha Vidya Gurukulam,Saylorsburg, PA
Year in focus 2010
- January 10: Bhutanese Youth Refugees reception hosted by HOLI along with YICG
- February 25: Adult Speaker's Forum at 13 Turf Lane, Roslyn, NY 11040
- April 29: Long Island MultiFaith Forum Festival, Baldwin Senior High School, Baldwin, NY 11510 Hinduism Table Presentation
- May 2: Earth Day at Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Shelter Rock Road, Manhasset. Keynote speakers: Dr. Anand Saxena and NY State Senator Craig Johnson.
- May 22: Clothing donation to Interfaith Nutrition Network, Hempstead NY.
- May 20-24: Swami Suddhananda from Chennai, India, gave talks at Arsha Vedanta Center at Port Washington and Ganesha Hindu temple, Queens. Topics were : "Happiness Myth or reality" "Managing thoughts and emotions" and "Kashipanchakam"
- June 10-12: Swami Viditatmananda of ArshaVidya Gurukulam at Arsha Vedanta Center, Port Washington and Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Shelter Rock Road, Manhasset. Topics were: "Accepting Oneself" and "Prarthana Satpadi"
- December 10: Represented Hindu Dharma at World peace conference format in Carle Place in Long Island.
Year in focus 2009
- Feb 9 2009 (Mon): 9:00- 1:00 pm at Manhasset Middle School. LIMFF-organized table presentation of Hinduism.
- March 10, 2009 (Tues) : 6:00- 8:00 pm at Temple Beth-El on Middle Neck Road, Great Neck. Table presentation for Jewish HS students.
- April 26, 2009 (Sun):
HOLI celebrated the festival of Holi and Earth Day on Sunda,y April 26th, 2009 in Manhasset. Members from over 30 different Indian organizations and groups attended the event. Mr. Thomas Suozzi, County Executive of Nassau County, was the guest of honor. The presentations included a synopsis of HOLI's achievements since its inception, an outline of its future plans, and a new paradigm for our young people on Long Island. Mr. Suozzi addressed the various issues concerning the changing face of Long Island and encouraged the attendees to take part in the various initiatives developed by Nassau County. The event generated a lot of interest and enthusiasm among the attendees.
- May 17, 2009 (Sun): 10:30 am- 12:30 pm at 36 Church St, Syosset, New York. "Panel for Building Bridges" at community church in Syosset.
- May 14, 2009 (Thurs): 10:30 am-1:00 pm at Molloy College, Suffolk Center, 7189 Republic Airport, Farmingdale, NY. "Greening your place of worship" by LI Interfaith Environment Network.
- May 21, 2009 (Thurs): 1:00- 3:00 pm at St. John's University, Queens, NY, lecture on Ayurvedic medicine given for the CHAP program of St John's University.
- August 23, 2009 (Sat): Yoga instruction at Eisenhower Park for Indian-American Nite
- September 27, 2009 (Sun): Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam gave a talk on Overcoming Stress in Daily Life at the Riverside church in New York City. After the talk there was a brief guided meditation session led by Pujya Swamiji. The event was sponsored and organized by the Hindu Organization of Long Island. It was attended by over 450 people.
- On October 12th 2009- Members of HOLI donated non perishable food and money collected on the occasion of Deepawali to Interfaith Nutrition Network (INN) in Hempstead.
- Dec 13th, (Sun): HOLI members met Bhutanese refugees and their representative at Hindu Temple, Flushing and discussed their needs.
- December 18, 2009 (Wed): 9th grade AP World History Peace conference at Carle Place High School. HOLI member gave the Hindu perspective on world peace and how Hinduism promotes tolerance, unity and peace among human kind.
Year in focus 2008
- February 10th, 2008: Youth speakers’ forum at Roslyn, NY.
- February 11th, 2008: Building Bridges program in Manhasset High School.
- April 6th, 2008: HOLI Adult speakers’ forum at Roslyn, NY.
- April 16th, 2008:Long Island Interfaith Environment Network held a workshop on at Malloy College's Farmingdale campus to help houses of worship learn how to conserve energy, care for the earth better, and reduce their energy bills. The ceremony was inaugurated by a multi-faith Scripture readings about caring for the earth.
- April 30th, 2008: ITV studio had a live interview of HOLI executive members.
- May 3rd-4th, 2008: HOLI organized Swami Pratyaghbodhananda weekend lecture series on “Vision of Srimad Bhagavatam” at the Ganesh Hindu temple in Queens, NY.
- May 18th, 2008: HOLI members participated in the annual NAMI walk at Jones Beach and donated generously.
- May 20th, 2008: HOLI member gave a talk to clergy from all over the US (CHAP), held at St. John’s University on “Taking care of Hindu Patients”.
- June 2nd, 2008: Hinduism table displays at Great Hollow Middle School in Nesconsett.
- June 6th-8th, 2008: HOLI organized Swami Viditatmananda’s weekend lectures titled”Surrender and Freedom” and “Stithapragnya” and meditation series at Roslyn, LI.
- October 12th, 2008: HOLI members participated in a day long street fair for Diwali with Afghan Hindu temple in Hicksville.
- November 18th, 2008: HOLI sponsored a table at the 50th Annual Thanksgiving Diversity and Interfaith Breakfast honoring Robert Reeks, det. Sgt. in hate crimes bureau of Suffolk PD and Gary Shapiro det. Sgt. in community affairs bias crimes coordinator, Nassau county PD.
- November 21st, 2008: Breakfast meeting hosted by Thomas Suozzi, the County Executive on Nov 21 at 8.30 AM, at the Garden City Hotel, 45 7th Street, Garden city.
- November 23rd, 2008: Young Adults speaker’s forum on “Devi worship” at Roslyn, Long Island. About 12 speakers spoke 7-10 minutes each.
- December 2nd, 2008: AJC (American Jewish Committee Long Island Chapter) organized meeting with rabbis, Catholic and other Christian pastors to discuss the Hispanic attack of high school teen M. Lucero in Patchogue, Suffolk county and strategies for prevention of future assaults on minorities.
- December 10th, 2008: HOLI member went to Smithtown High school for a table display, organized by LIMFF (Long Island Multi Faith Forum).
- December 10th, 2008: HOLI member went to Western Union headquarters, Denver, Colorado as a Hindu and cultural arts (Rangoli) representative to raise money for Mumbai victims of terrorism (11.27.08).
- December 15th, 2008: HOLI members met with Tom Souzzi, Nassau County Chief executive for to discuss the various issues facing Hindus in Nassau county.
Year in focus 2007
- Feb 13th, 2007, HOLI members represented Hindu tradition on at the New Hyde Park Memorial High School's "Celebrating Our Diversity" program.
- February 27th, 2007, HOLI members presented Hindu Dharma on to the students of Solomon Schecter High School on their "Comparative Religion Day"
- March 23rd and 24th, 2007, HOLI organized a discourse on Mundaka Upanishad by Swami Pratyagbhodananda of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam at the Hindu Temple, Flushing.
- April 22nd, 2007, HOLI organized "Speakers' Forum" in Nassau County. Thirty eight speakers presented topics on Hindu tradition.
- May 6th, 2007, HOLI members participated in Long Island Marathon.
- May 17th, 2007 HOLI member represented Hindu Dharma at Kings Park School
- May 19th, 2007, HOLI members participated in Multi Faith Forum organized by Girl Scouts of Nassau County on at C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University.
- May 20th, 2007 HOLI members raised funds and walked for National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) at Jones Beach Board walk, Long Island.
- June 1st and 2nd, 2007, HOLI organized Vedanta lectures by Swami Viditatmananda Saraswati of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam in Nassau County.
- August 11th, 2007, "Youth Speaker's Forum" in Nassau County. 24 youth presented topics on Hindu tradition.
- August 19th, 2007, Swami Pratyagbhodananda of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam conducted a daylong workshop on "Ways of the Mind and Meditation" at the Hindu Temple, Flushing.
- September 22nd, 2007 organized HAF fundraising at Anton's, Long Island.
- September 30th, 2007 HOLI set up a booth at IALI fair, Hempstead beach, Long Island to further awareness about issues concerning Hindus of Long Island.
- October 15th, 2007 Hindu Dharma was represented by HOLI at St. Patrick's Church in Huntington at the Long Island Multi Faith Forum.
- October 22nd , 2007 HOLI participated in "What's My Faith?" organized by Long Island Multi Faith Forum at their 15th Annual Conference on Prejudice Reduction, at the Huntington Hilton in Melville.November13th, 2007, Young Adult Hindu panelists participated in Temple Beth El in Great Neck, for 8th to12th graders.
- November 18th, 2007, "Adult Speakers' Forum"was held in Nassau County.
- December 6th, 2007, HOLI represented Hindu tradition at Multi-Faith Festival at Baldwin Senior High School, observing Tolerance Week during Human Rights Month.
Year in focus 2006
- Hindu Organization of Long Island sponsored ongoing Sanskrit classes taught by Sri Gambhira Chaitanya of the Arsha Vidya Gurukula, Saylorsburgh, PA. Classes are held every Saturday at 3:00 pm in Nassau County, Long Island. For further information,please email email@example.com.
- Hindu Organization of Long Island sponsored a "Hindu Concepts" course during the summer of 2006. It was held at the Young Indian Culture Group (YICG) Resource Center in Herricks, Long Island.
- At the multifaith dialogue held on March 3rd 2006, Hindus were represented by Mrs. Rathi Raja and Dr Urmila Shivaram of the Hindu Organization of Long Island.
- Hindu Organization of Long Island represented Hindus at the conference on "Religious Diversity in health care at Adelphi University" in July 2006. Dr Urmila Shivaram discussed "Maintenance of health and attitude towards health care as it relates to the Hindu traditions and practices".
- Hindu Organization of Long Island invited Subramanya Swamy, visiting professor from Harvard and President of the Janata Party for a talk on Saturday, August 19th. The topic was "Hindu Unity". The event was held on Long Island
- Hindu Organization of Long Island sponsored the first public meeting of the Hindu Leadership Council (HLC).The Hindu Leadership Council (HLC), a youth organization of Long Island, held their first event on Saturday, August 19th, 2006 at Madras Woodlands, New Hyde Park, NY. It was a gathering forum for Asian-Indian youth ages 16-24. A lively group discussion was followed by an impressive panel presentation on the topic of cultural values in the workplace. There was representation from various youth groups from across the New York/New Jersey area. For more information, please contact Varun Shetty (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Neil Haranhalli (email@example.com).
- Hindu Organization of Long Island sponsored a lecture series by Swami Tattvavidananda Saraswati on November 4 and 5th 2006, in Old Westbury, Long Island
- Hindu Organization of Long Island was represented by Krish Shetty at the Nassau County Human Rights Commissioner's office at an advisory committee meeting on Nov 1st 2006.
- Hindu Organization of Long Island was represented by Dr. Urmila Shivaram at the breakfast given by Newsday Long Island on November 3rd 2006.
- Dr Pavana Reddy of the Hindu Organization of Long Island presented at the Hindu Concepts Course for school teachers in November in New Hyde Park.
- Hindu Organization of Long Island hosted a Hindu leaders meeting on November 19th at 4 PM.
- Hindu Organization of Long Island was represented by Dr. Mala Gupta, Rajeev Kaul, Krish Shetty, Vinitha Shetty, Dr. Urmila Shivaram and Dr. Sunil Sood, at the Thanksgiving Diversity Interfaith Breakfast hosted by AJC on Nov 21st 2006 in Garden City, NY